William Morris Hunt, Gloucester Harbor
Sold for a record $391,000 at our March 2006 auction
President & Auctioneer, Michael B. Grogan.
What's it Worth?
We offer Free Verbal Appraisals
every Thursday from 10 a.m - 4 p.m.
at our Dedham Gallery
Sales Prices Realized
Do you have Antiques and Fine Arts to Sell?
Grogan & Company offers two ways to sell your items:
- You may consign your property to an upcoming auction.
- Or, we will purchase single items or entire estates outright.
The first step is for us to see the items so we can provide you with an auction estimate or a purchase offer. This can be done one of the following ways:
- You may bring items into our Gallery any Thursday from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. for a free verbal auction estimate. Directions
- Send images to the gallery via email at email@example.com or mail photographs to our gallery at: 22 Harris Street, Dedham, MA 02026.
- Call to request a gallery appointment or a free in-home consultation.
Consigning your items to Auction.
Should you choose to consign your item to auction, this is a helpful timeline of what to expect.
- Receipt and Consignment Agreement. Grogan and Company will provide you with a receipt and consignment agreement outlining the commission rate and terms of sale. Our commissions, which include insurance, photography and marketing, are very competitive and are based on the value of your items.
- Reserves. You may be asked if you wish to place a reserve price on your item. This determines the starting bid for your item and sets the lowest price the auctioneer will accept for your item. Reserves are only recommended for items valued over $1,000, and are usually set at 70% of the low estimate.
- Marketing. Your item will be catalogued, photographed and included in our on-line illustrated catalogue, which is marketed globally. Our bidding platform allows bidders from across the globe to participate in our auctions via internet, telephone, abesentee bids or attending the auction in person. Our auctions are promoted on most major art and antiques collector's websites, trade publications, such as the Antiques and the Arts Weekly, and we also send out notices to our large client list including over 7,000 collectors and dealers from all over the U.S. and overseas.
- Pre sale Notification. Consignors receive a report two weeks prior to auction indicating the lot number and the fully catalogued description of each item.
- Exhibition. Your item will be on view during our three day exhibition leading up to the auction. Our exhibitions are held at our Dedham Gallery and are open to the public , thus attracting many antique and fine art collectors. We also have a staff of experts available to answer questions for potential bidders who cannot attend the preview.
- Sale Day. Our auctions usually begin at 12 noon and run all day in lot number order. Consignors and potential bidders may watch the auction's progress online at www.artfact.com or attend the auction in person.
- Sale Results. Sales results are sent to our consignors within 24 hours.
- Settlement. Proceeds are issued 35 days after the date of the auction. Net proceeds are calculated based on the hammer price less commission.
If you have any questions regarding the consignment process, please feel free to call our office and someone will be happy to answer you questions. 1.800.823.1020 or 781.461.9500